Palace of Horcasitas
The commander of the customs, Sir Lucas de Horcasitas, ordered the construction of this palace in the 17th century as a customs headquarters and noble dwelling on the upper floors.
With a rectangular floor plan and a neoclassical doorway, this building is built in ashlar, displaying the family coats of arms that adorn the main facades.
It served as a customs house until 1841, when it was moved to Bilbao. Today it is a multi-functional municipal building in which activities and events of all kinds are held.
Martín Mendia Street, 14